It's My Personal Lists of SEO and Webmaster Tools.
Hope this would be usefull:
Alexa and Pagerank Checker
Article and Content Tools
Basic Webmastering Tools
Browser SEO Tools
Directory Submission Tools
Google Adwords and Adsense Tools
IP, Whois, and Ping Tools
Link and URL Tools
Meta Tag Tools
Search Engine Tools
Social Bookmarking Tools
It's My Personal Lists of SEO and Webmaster Tools.
Sit tight and get a snack...
Hope this video about Adding Google AdSense to a Blogger.com Blog help your understanding about blogging and monetizing your blog.
A blog is a simple but powerful tool which all marketers and businesses should be utilising to explode their sales, build credibility and improve customer retention.
I've been doing a lot of research with regards to blogging and came across a case of a 19 year old kid who was making something ridiculous like $50,000 a year with a blog on mobile phones, from his bedroom! This is an extraordinary case but clearly there is a good earning potential through blogs, however they do take time to grow and build up a readership.
Blogs provide a very simple, quick and easy means to add fresh content to your website. As I'm sure you've heard many times over 'content is king' from a search engines' view point and by providing high quality, regularly updated content your website should benefit with regards to your search engine ranking.
By providing fresh, high quality relevant content you will gain an increase of both first time visitors and repeat visitors, they will come back to check out your new content. Providing it's interesting, relevant and useful to them, you will begin to build relationships with your readers, increasing your credibility and building their trust in you and your business.
These repeat visitors will be exposed to your messages more and begin to trust you and your recommendations. This in turn will fuel sales and referrals. Just make sure you don't recommend a product you haven't tried, if it is bad you will lose all credibility.
Whenever you buy a new product, review it in your blog and be brutally honest, your readers will love you for it. Take a completely unbiased view point and talk about both the positives and negatives of each product. In essence you are providing more of an insight into the product than the sales page itself, this will help convert those prospects that are 'sitting on the fence' so to speak. As it has been shown that prospects are seven to ten times more likely to buy from a blog recommendation than from other sources!
There are many ways in which you can monetize your blog, for example, by using it as a tool to promote your own products or affiliate programs. Other ways that you can generate extra income through your blog are through the Google Adsense program, selling banner/link space as your traffic increases or by adding you own opt-in sign up form to which you send your newsletter or other targeted offers.
Your blog can be syndicated using RSS, enabling savvy webmasters to use your blog content on their web pages. This benefits them as they have regularly updated fresh content for their website and benefits you through increased exposure, free targeted traffic and extra inbound links.
To get the most benefit from my blog I use a technique called 'blogging and pinging', whereby every time I post to my blog, I ping Ping-o-matic.com to inform the search engines and blog directories I've updated my blog.
You should submit your blog feed to blog directories to gain more exposure. You can do this manually however, these are three automated sources that I have had the most success using and best of all.they are free!
Be passionate about your blog, love your blog. If you do not then it will become obvious through your posts and you are unlikely to be anywhere near as successful as you could be.
Add to your blog regularly provide good quality content and reviews and you will be on your way to blogging success.
1. Effective keywords
Keywords is the best way to increase the rank in the search engine. Keyword is the important element of HTML page.The best keywords is used to optimize the pagerank. Therefore the proper keywords research will definately make the page ranking effective.
2. Title Tags
Title tag is a html tag, it appears between head tag.
Remember that the matter of the content should match with the title. Otherwise the irrelevant content with title will be rejected by the Search Engine.
3. Rich Text
The content of the website is also the important for ranking. Content of your site should co-relate to your respective business of product and services. So the content should be rich and relevant.
Links are also important too. Exchanging links to other webmasters Improves the link popularity of websites
Banner advertising is different from search engine marketing and is referred to as display advertising because it involves placing your ad on other websites.
Lately, however, banner advertising has become more popular as people have learned how to make different sized banners and have gotten better with flash programming and graphic design. If you would like to know how to generate traffic with banner advertising, here are a few hints to help you out:
1. Just like text-based ads, you need to find advertising services that can target websites in your niche. A banner for a video game subscription service won't get as many click throughs if it is featured on a fashion website.
2. Do your best to get your banner advertising placed on websites that see a lot of traffic every day. It might be cheaper to advertise on websites that aren't yet very popular, but the higher cost will be worth it when you see just how quickly your traffic numbers jump. A banner ad that runs for a single week on an incredibly popular website will be worth more than one hundred banner ads running for three weeks on less popular websites.
3. Make sure that your banner itself is designed well.
This is an advertisement for your company. You want the banner design to reflect your business's brand. Something that flashes and gives people a headache probably won't get as many click throughs as something that is subtle and works well with the background of the site on which it sits.
4. No matter what anybody tells you, banner advertising that involves sounds or videos that play automatically are annoying and will not get clicked on. In fact, these advertisements are often the reason people click away from a website. Just because you know how to make a short video play in your advertising space doesn't mean you should put that knowledge into play.
CPM - Meaning cost per 1,000 impressions. This means that each time your banner is seen it will be counted as an impression. So if a visitor on another website sees your ad then that's one impression. If they go to another page on that website and see your ad again then that's two impressions. This could also mean that potentially you could have 1,000 people see your ad and even click on your ad.
On average though the amount of people that see your ad and click on it will defer significantly. It depends on where you're advertising, how well your ad performs in getting visitors to click on it and several other factors.
CPC - Cost Per Click - This is the most common form of advertising that most businesses are familiar with. This allows you to set prices for how much you will pay for each each click to your website. Using the above example -- on average each visitor to your website is worth $5 so as long as you can generate clicks for less then $5 you should have a profitable campaign.
These are just a few ways to generate traffic with banner advertising. Some simple research and a visit to our website will turn up even more hints to help you drive traffic to your website.
"How to start a blog" you say...?
Well, by watching this one,.. is sure gonna brighten you up...
So, enjoy :p
Well, here's another Youtube Movie About Blog.
Well, this movie in Youtube is about blogging basic.
Hope this help your understanding about blog ;D
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO is a tactic, a part of Search Engine Marketing,and more general, Internet Marketing, which revolves around the tecnhiques of optimizing your site so that they rank better in Search Engine Result Pages (SERP's).
Search Engine Optimization is broadly divided into two parts:
1. On-Site Optimization
Techniques like Title Optimization, URL rewriting etc and stuff that you'd do on your site.
2. Off-Site Optimization
Techniques which would be done off page, that is not directly on your site. Like link building.
So, Now Let's roll onto On-Site Optimization to get some details into how it's done, what it consists of etc.
Then Off-Site Optimization.
Choosing a domain is one of the first steps in establishing an online presence. Changing a domain after-the-fact can be time consuming, and can be harmful to search engine ranking, so it is best to get it right the first time around. Follow these simple steps to select a domain name that will represent your online brand...
1. Nice Neighborhood
Stick with .com or .net domains for businesses, .edu for schools, and .org for non-profit organizations. Some search experts say that any other extensions will have a more difficult time ranking well in the search engines.
2. Easy To Verbalize And Understand
Domain names should be easy to verbalize. Often in conversations, similar sounds are difficult to discern. Select a domain name that is clear and easy to understand without having to repeat it.
3. Easy To Spell
Select a domain that is easy to spell. Certain words can be spelled in a variety of ways, and this can cause confusion and result in people being unable to easily locate your website. Use a domain name that is intuitive and easy to spell.
4. Keep It Brief
Shorter domains are easy to remember, so if possible, avoid selecting a domain name that is excessively long. The domain name can not exceed 63 characters, and may consist of letters, numbers, and hyphens. If you decide on a hyphenated domain name, be sure to articulate it so that it is easily understood.
5. More Than One
Domains are reasonably inexpensive, so register multiple domain names that relate to your primary domain name. The additional domains can be permanently redirected to the main domain. Also, purchase domains that use common misspellings, plurals, or that alleviate any confusion. This way you will be sure to capture all of your traffic.
6. Extend It
Protect your brand by purchasing common extensions for your domain (ie. .net, .org, etc). And consider purchasing country extensions if you sell globally (ie. .uk, .au, .fr, etc).
7. Written Form
The written form of the domain should be clear and not cause unnecessary confusion. If the domain contains multiple words, make sure that the written form cannot be misinterpreted.
8. Make It Memorable
Select a domain name that is easy for people to remember.
9. Related And Relevant
The domain name should relate to your core business. Building a brand does not end offline; brand continuity should encompass all aspects of your business, both online and offline. A related relevant domain should reinforce your brand and corporate identity.
10. Check Trademarks
As with any name, be sure to check carefully for trademark infringements. Do not take chances by infringing on another company's brand. The extra effort might save you from a court case or hours of expensive legal maneuvering. Search the USPTO website at http://www.uspto.gov for any existing trademarks.
11. Brand vs Keywords
Many webmasters struggle with the decision to use a brand as their domain, or to incorporate keywords into their domain name in an effort to rank better in the search engines. The decision does not need to be absolute. Domains are inexpensive, and redirects are easy to set up, so there is no reason you can not purchase both brand and keyword domain names.
12. Location Specific
Unless you only serve a specific region, avoid using the location in the domain name. A geo-specific domain will limit a company's ability to expand into other regions as it grows.
13. Don't use "-" or "_" if you can't register a domain with a straight name.
Well, that's just me... :D
Happy blogging guys...
Labels: Blogging Tips
Bring those visitors back for more, applauding you and saying BRAVO! They will create a buzz about your great blog, and send you many more visitors through word of mouth. These visitors are your personal marketing force.
If you are a non-techie like me, you may not have heard of what a "sticky" Website is (it is the stuff that lures visitors back again and again). But we do know we want that!
Try out some of these low- maintenance ways to bring 'em back to your blog for more.
1. Upload new, original, and useful content often. Do not think of your blog as a virtual brochure. Avoid blatant ads such as banners, which turn visitors off. Give them information they can't find anywhere else and give it free. People want and need how to's, especially.
Always think benefits when you post some new article. Helping your visitors get what they want will bring you their trust and respect as an expert, and eventually, bring you profit from your book, other products, or service.
2.Update your blog content regularly and often, perhaps daily or weekly. If someone visits your blog and finds nothing new, they will disappear into cyberspace and spend their time on other blogs.
If you don't want to write articles, copy and paste other people's articles or tips from their ezines or blogs with their permission, of course. Keep the pieces under 1200 words. Common lengths are anywhere from 75-1000 words. You can include a tip list, past feature articles from your ezine, an excerpt from your book, poetry, a heart-felt story, or a character sketch from your fiction book.
3. Publish your own ezine. Make it short and sweet. Start with a monthly, then see if you can do it bi-weekly. If you don't stay in regular touch with your possible buyers, they will forget you and your book's message.
People want to know you better, so they can trust you and think of you as an expert in your field. Your free information, tips and resources will keep them as subscribers. If they like your eMag, they will recommend it to others. The opt-in eNewsletter tops all other ways to drive traffic to your blog, and it can be mass mailed free, too. Check out Topica.com.
4. Include a recommending service on your blog. Your repeat visitors create new traffic. Check out www.Recommend-It.com. It's free, fast, and versatile. Each time someone recommends your blog, they are entered in a contest to win a Palm V reading device and a chance to win $10,000.
5. Host a forum on your blog where people can interact fully and you can share your knowledge and offer suggestions. It's a great way to help others and get these people visiting your blog often because they want to know you as a real person. Without a chance to interact with you people lose interest.
Allow your visitors to post a message or reply to other messages. They will check back every few days for new messages or replies. To find these services, do a search on "free webmaster resources."
6. Remind your visitors to bookmark your blog. Tell them you update material every day or week. If you omit this, you pass up a great opportunity to lure repeat, loyal visitors. You want more visitors, and you want them to spend a lot of time on your blog. The more time they spend on your blog, the more likely they will check out your products or services pages.
7. Serialize some of your content. If visitors get it all in one visit, what's to keep them coming back? Put one part of an article, special report, or excerpt from your book on your blog each week or so. Let people know this through your eMagazine.
8. Post a monthly special only for your Web visitors. Call it "Discount of the month," or "Freebie of the month." Without incentives your audience will go elsewhere. Go to your files now, and see what you can use. This fabulous technique has worked well for the author.
9. Enjoy the journey. Each day, you can learn something that will make your blog more real, more YOU. Let your passion show!
10. Allow everything you do on the Net to be easy and fun. If you don't love to create ad copy, or if you don't like the technical side, delegate it to someone who loves it. Do what you do best and hire the rest. It's far smarter to eliminate all struggle from your adventure, so you will shine at what you do.
The biggest complaint from clients is that they get hits, but not enough sales. When you follow the above tips, you'll be much more likely to succeed at increased sales.
Let's gain more trafifc for your blog by doing an on-page optimization.
This is related to optimization which is done on your website.
Friendly URLS. For example:
Will have better optimization then:
Spiders look for keywords in the URL as well as the page! Remember that!
The title has a lot, spiders also take the title as a keyword, a major one, so you want titles which do contain keywords to your page/website. For example. "On-Page Optimization For Your Blog - WTF Blogging Is All About Blogging World" which is what this page is about, the topic of the post and my keywords for my blog in general, so both are added as keywords.
META keywords, their not as useful as they used to be, but you should still add in the keywords & desc meta tags. You can find more about this in a HTML META tag guide or just Google it!.
Anchor text, when you have a link on another website, use the same link, like my anchor text is "WTF Blogging Is All About Blogging World", that text would be a link to my site, I use it when link exchanging etc.
Keyword Density of %6-7 is good for every website, this is what you want to aim for, but not to spam your keywords, it makes it look ugly and will effect you rank in a negative way.
- On images, on the alt tag, put some keywords
- Redirects aren’t useful, if you have to, use a 301 redirect.
- Copying over websites content just damages your websites ranking.
- Over-stuffing keywords won't put you in good position, rather harm your status.
- Avoid using frames, as search engines don't like them.
- Avoid using things such as flash, because Search engine Spiders can't read into them... However, Google can read into Flash as well.
Let's gain more trafifc for your blog by doing an off-page optimization.
"How..?" You said...!
Well, read this first: :D
Directories are the best place to post, like article directories, they improve your traffic by a lot, but can take a long time and a lot of waiting to do, but it’s worth it for amount of traffic you can gain, providing you have good articles/content.
Writing an article for another blog (You can earn some cash here) with a backlink to your blog, the only downside to this is, many clients won’t be too happy with a backlink to your blog, so this isn’t a suggest method, but if you are interested in trying it out, check out these articles (Written by myself) on article-writing.
Putting your link in a forum signature, alike article writing, post on somebody else’s forum for money, then just stick your link in you accounts sig and you can gain some extra-cash and traffic, most web masters don’t mind this.
Commenting do-follow blogs with a link back to your blog, commenting blogs is one of the few things I hate to do, I get so many spam-comments from people with like 100 links, all just google bombing, it’s really annoying but it’s something you have to accept, but I have a anti-spam filter so I don’t mind it too much, but if your going to do it, make sure the blog is do-follow, posting on no-follow blogs is pointless, spiders wont follow the link.
Designing graphics and asking blogs to leave a backlink to your blog.
It’s a great way to get some more traffic and a free backlink, this only really applies if you're good at graphics, you can make people signatures and have your link in quite small text on there, it’s good when you have short URLs, not a long URL though.
Yahoo Answers, answer questions with a link back to your blog. This is a great way to get more traffic to your blog and gain some backlinks, because they will want to visit your blog because it’s related to what their asking a question about, so theirs no reason for them not to go to your blog, is there? :D
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is really a vital way to direct traffic to your site, so it is critically important that you understand the tricks involved in getting higher search results.
Some of the most famous and ethical SEO tricks are listed below:
1. The title tag is the most powerful SEO trick, but it must be used creatively. You should only place one thing in the title tag and that is the exact keyword you used for the web page that you are trying to optimize.
2. One of the most famous SEO trick is link popularity. It is because of the fact that most search engines don't consider web sites that do not have links pointing to the web site. So, it is really important to link to other resources that are related to your website's niche. This will increase traffic, provide good ranking and add value to your website.
3. It is very important to use a different title on each web page with its own primary keywords at the beginning of the page title.
4. Always remember, keyword density is very important in SEO and should be properly researched. The keywords should be used once in the title tag, heading tag, and in the body text while keeping the keyword density between 5% to 20%
5. Another important SEO trick is to get your keywords in much of the anchor text in both internal and external links.
6. It is wise to build a website that is rich in theme because search engines are now more interested in the themes.
7. You should build content related to your niche with around 250 words per page because the speed of your web page is very important to your visitors and the search engines.
8. Always remember to add fresh and unique content on regular basis which attracts the visitor to come back to your website.
9. Don't forget to add a site map. It will help structure your site for spiders.
10. Submitting articles with links to your web site to directories is yet another famous SEO trick that can really boost the amount of traffic you generate while also giving click through traffic, too.
11. Also, don't forget to submit articles with your web site link to the publishers. Do not hope that they will pick your article up from a directory. It is better to submit directly to the publishers themselves.
12. Another SEO trick is to seek forums related to your niche, join them and advertise your web site there.
13. And, last but not the least. Another famous SEO trick is to submit your web site to the directories "including" the PR0 directories.
Okay, so it was some of the most famous SEO tricks that can really help you to optimize your search engine results and put you on the path toward higher search engine rankings. But for that, it is really IMPORTANT that you follow them correctly... :)
Link submission to free web directories now days is very useful method which is being used in advanced web marketing campaign. It’s being used by most of the webmasters who want better Traffic and Search Engine position. Other SEO Techniques are helpful as well but Submitting to Free Web Directory have greater advantages.
There are some advantages listed below regarding Submission to Free Web Directory.
The First big advantage to submit on Free Web Directory is that, this is totally free! Now days no one offer anything for free!
Submitting to Free Web Directories requires some time. But approval of these directories .are fast and will be listed with in some reasonable time.
Free Web Directories increases Backlinks for your website, which is very useful for website promotion.
Great Traffic is generated by Free Web Directories. As People view these directories for some useful sites!
Free Web Directory sites, are usually Search Engine Optimized that helps in Increasing Google Page Rank & Yahoo Backlinks.
Free Web Directories are usually crawled by online Bots. For Example “Google Bot , Google Adsense Bot , Yahoo Slurp Bot , Msn Bot & Alexa Bot. This is an indication that your site will be listed and rank well in Search Engines.
Spam free traffic is only generated from Free Link Directories that are also called Quality Directory sites, The Sites Listed in the Free Directories are manually approved after checking the quality of site submitted.
Wanted to get listed to directories?
Scared of being rejected? First of all you need to be very careful regarding, submitting your link to Quality Web Directory. It Is Necessary to read the Submission Guidelines before you submit your link to directory.
You can easily find Submission Guidelines on the main page of Web Directory. The most common mistakes are made by the users are, that selection of wrong category. Usually Information Technology sites are submitted to the category of Blogs > Information Technology.
Sometime link is approved but the Quality Web Directory Simply rejects it. Another big mistake is common that use of improper Site Title and Description use of improper English language forces the Directory to simply reject the site!
Serious webmasters submit links with the help of service providers. Who provide cheap services with great Quality .
Submission approval takes time of 3-7 Days as enormous quantity links are being submitted every day. If you want your site to get approved you can pay small fee for fast review and quick approval. You can pay some fee for being listed to featured sites also.
Hope it's helpful guys...
Getting other blogs to link to you is not as hard as you might think. Here are some ideas:
Find a site or blog that is related to yours and link to them. Then send them an email and ask them politely to return the favor. This is called a link exchange.
You are most likely to get a friendly response if you can show that a visit to your blog will add value to the other blog's visitors without being in direct competition to them.
So, for example, you might have a cool blog that sells dog toys. The selling point of these dog toys is that they prevent boredom and destructive behaviour in pet dogs. You could then link to some veterinarians, animal behaviorists and trainers who are offering a related service, but not actually selling anything themselves, or at least selling very different products. Email these sites, introduce your site and invite them to link to you.
The dog trainer, for example, might be happy for the referrals from you, and equally happy to have somewhere to direct her clients when they are looking for the perfect dog toy to stop their pooch from demolishing their favorite couch! Everybody wins, and your blog grows in stature and popularity!
If you have a Facebook or MySpace profile, post a link to your blog on it. Send out a post to your friends and invite them to take a look at your blog. This is a quick way to get some traffic from within your own network.
If you are selling a product or offering a service, sign up for an account on Craigslist and create an advert linking to your blog.
Participate in blogs and forums on topics relevant to your blog, and where appropriate, share a link to your blog.
If your blog is similar in form and function to a blog, join Technorati and post a profile of your blog. This is a great way for your site to get noticed.
Add a Digg button to your blog. Digg is a place where people discover and share content on the web. If someone likes your blog, they might just decide to "Digg it!"
Join StumbleUpon and promote your blog!
These are just some ideas to get you started. Always look out for places where you can place links to your blog. Just be sure that you are polite and respectful of other internet users when you do so. Only share your blog information when you have an invitation to do so, or when you know that those you are sharing it with would welcome the information.